The Lead Awareness Curriculum is a robust set of educational tools designed to provide community leaders with practical resources to:
- Raise awareness about childhood lead exposure;
- Expand the understanding of lead’s potential impacts on children’s health and cultural practices; and
- Encourage actions that can be taken to reduce and/or prevent childhood lead exposure.
The Curriculum is designed to be taught by community leaders (educators, public health advocates, environmental justice advocates, outreach specialists, environmental staff, social workers, community health workers, youth leaders, local government officials) with experience educating and training members of their community but does not require instructors to be experts on lead or lead exposure. To learn about lead, its impacts and actions to prevent lead exposure and lead poisoning, register for one of our Understand Lead webinars.
Lead Awareness Curriculum Train-the-Trainer Sessions
To learn how to use and modify the Lead Awareness Curriculum to teach your community, register below to attend an upcoming 2-hour training:
- Thursday, October 14, 2021 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm ET
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm ET
- Wednesday, October 27, 2021 from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm ET
- Wednesday, November 3, 2021 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm ET
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm ET
Virtual Understand Lead Webinars for Community Members
The Understanding Lead webinars are designed for anyone interested in learning about lead, its impacts, and preventing potential lead exposure and lead poisoning. The 90-minute webinars will be based on Module 1: Understanding Lead of the Lead Awareness Curriculum and by the end of the webinar participants will:
- Recognize potential sources of lead exposure;
- Understand impacts and effects of lead exposure;
- Learn simple actions to reduce lead exposure; and
- Know the importance of testing children’s blood lead levels.
To learn more about lead, register below to attend an upcoming 90-minute Understanding Lead webinar:
- Wednesday, October 20, 2021 from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm ET
- Thursday, October 28, 2021 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm ET
This article was originally published at www.EPA.gov.