- Only family childcare homes and residential rental properties with 1-4 units built before 1978 fall under the new ordinance.
- The fee for the lead-safe certification is $25 instead of the previous $45.
- The Toledo-Lucas County Health Department will issue the lead-safe certificates, while the City of Toledo will coordinate the program, and Code Enforcement will enforce it.
- Lead-safe certificates are available for 5 years, or 20 years in the case of full abatement.
- Residential rental properties must also be registered with the Lucas County Auditor.
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV, formerly known as Section 8) properties are not exempt.
The ordinances were passed unanimously by City Council on October 20, 2020.
Download a copy of the Lead Safety ordinance.